Linkage: April 2009 Archives
- Glasstire: Texas visual art online - 175 Art People, Places and Things to Follow on Twitter
tags: art twitter gallery museum blogs
- cronicasbarbaras.com: WE DON'T WANT ADS, WE WANT ART
tags: graffiti advertising streetart publicspace nyc art
- Krystian Zimerman's shocking Disney Hall debut | Culture Monster | Los Angeles Times
He announced this would be his last performance in America because of the nation's military policies overseas.
tags: war guantanamo krystian-zimerman classical music
- Bacon sandwich really does cure a hangover - Telegraph
A bacon sandwich really does cure a hangover - by boosting the level of amines which clear the head, scientists have found.
tags: alcohol bacon hangover
- The Times Wins 5 Pulitzer Prizes - NYTimes.com
including Holland Cotter for arts criticism. Don't miss the Damon Winter photo slideshow.
tags: nytimes pulitzer criticism photography reporting journalism
- Open Left:: Getting Serious About Holding Democrats Accountable
The ad features Lorrain, a homeonwer who lives in the Arkansas 1st congressional district. Like hundreds of thousands of other homeowners around the country, Lorrain, would have been assisted by the Help Families Save Their Homes Act. However, Democrat Marion Berry, who currently represents the Arkansas 1st, voted against the act even though he had voted in favor of the Wall Street bailout.
tags: politics arkansas economics blue-dog-democrats
- Living with Legends: Hotel Chelsea Blog: Stefan Brecht Historian of the Avante Garde Theatre, 1924-2009
tags: theater poetry history charles-ludlam robert-wilson brecht 1960s 1970s
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York: Chelsea Court Meat Market
The butcher shop on 9th Avenue closes after 49 years
tags: chelsea butcher history lostnewyork nyc
- Tomorrow Museum > JG Ballard, Our Greatest Living Novelist is No Longer
tags: jg-ballard books literature
- Tree Project from Hiroshi Sunairi
As a part of "Tree Project," in which I have been giving the seeds of the trees that survived from the time of the atomic bombing in Hiroshima to the people who are interested in planting and growing them in the US or anywhere in the world.
tags: hiroshi-sunairi trees hiroshima atomic-bomb ww2
- For the love of small paintings - Modern Art Notes
Tyler Green talks about our David Reed painting
tags: david-reed painting ourcollection
- Dance Theater Workshop and Other Arts Groups Face Mounting Debts - NYTimes.com
tags: performing arts realestate debt nonprofit dance-theater-workshop dixon-place
- Art - Nick Cave, Dreaming the Clothing Electric, at the Yerba Buena Center - NYTimes.com
article on Nick Cave and his soundsuits (the artist, not the singer)
tags: artist nick-cave performance sculpture
- Stroman disappoints with new musical 'Happiness' -- Newsday.com
Great line from this review: The show wanders in the chasm that separates the redemption of Ebenezer Scrooge from "No Exit," Jean-Paul Sartre's existential classic about dead people trapped forever in a room.
tags: musical-theater theater nyc review
- The Big Takeover : Rolling Stone
Great piece on "How Wall Street insiders are using the bailout to stage a revolution" by Matt Taibbi
tags: economics politics finance bailout
- Martin Luther KIng - LIFE EXCLUSIVE! The Day MLK Died - LIFE
Previously unreleased images by LIFE photographers
tags: history photojournalism photography mlk martin-luther-king