James and I don't only follow the purely visual arts. We attend a lot of theater, dance, and other performance. The next few weeks have a lot of things of interest. I'll do several posts with recommendations, but this one is really important, and has a visual component too. Come see it with us on the 1st.
Ensemble Pi: The Rest is Silence
Saturday March 1st, 2008 at 8pm
Tickets at the door $15.
The Great Hall at Cooper Union
7 East 7th Street at Third Avenue
- William Kentridge, Philip Miller: Two Shorts from Nine Projections featuring a live performance of original score for string quartet, trumpet and piano (2003)
- Frederic Rzewski: Johnny Has Gone for a Soldier, for piano (2003) U.S. premiere
- John Harbison: Abu Ghraib, for cello and piano (2006) N.Y. premiere
- Kristin Norderval: Far From Home, for two voices and computer-generated sound (2007)
- Dmitri Shostakovich: Piano trio No 2 in E minor, opus 67 (1944)
Guest Speaker: Naomi Wolf, author: The End of America
[image at top is Eyal Danieli, invitation for Ensemble Pi]